Standing Out for Success
Now is the time to talk about your results. Corporate attention calls for showing how you brought benefits and moved the company forward in some fashion.
As a woman, you may feel like you are boasting or being self-serving. This is not the case. In a virtual world, standing out with your best qualities is what it takes to gain attention.
Picking the Platforms to Promote Yourself
You know that you have qualities that deserve attention, whether you are an employee or an entrepreneur.
There are different ways you can promote yourself in a virtual world depending on your position.
- Using a company newsletter can aid in self-promotion can result in corporate attention
- Starting a blog to highlight your expertise can position you as an expert
- Be mindful of the social media platforms you use as they require different strategies for promotion
- LinkedIn is an excellent platform for networking from both a corporate and entrepreneur perspective
- Depending on your audience and goals, you can also tap into Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
Be Sure to Add Value
While your goal is to gain corporate attention and self-promote, you don’t want to forget about the importance of value.
Offering value to others means that you:
- Strive the solve problems
- Answer questions
- Make the lives of others feel easier
- Offer expert advice and perspective
- Help others achieve goals
Don’t Miss This Important Step
As you decide on the best platform for self-promotion, you cannot forget consistency as part of your strategy.
Why? Because in a digital world, there is a lot of noise. Think of it like this:
- There are 7.5 million blogs published each day
- 350 million photos are uploaded to Facebook each day
- 500 hours of YouTube videos are uploaded every day
Being consistent in your content will help with self-promotion, as promoting yourself successfully takes time.
Get Help Promoting Yourself in a Digital World
Are you struggling with self-promotion in a digital landscape? Allow me to take the lead.
If you are a woman leader who is needing support in positioning for promotion, I’m here to help.
Schedule a free 15-minute consultation with me by clicking here.
The C-Suite Leader's Playbook:
10 Next Level Strategies for Optimal Performance & Career Advancement
Helping Leaders Maximize Their Influence and Impact
In this FREE resource, you’ll uncover the same roadmap and insights that my executive clients have utilized to advance in their executive promotional campaigns.
- 3 Reasons You are not Being Promoted
- 5 Tips for Women in Leadership: The Neuroscience of Female Leadership
- Perception, Power, Politics And Promotion: Navigating Challenges That Keep Women Out Of The C-Suite
- The Neuroscience of Imposter Syndrome for Leaders
- How to use neuroscience to influence psychological safety in the workplace